Friday, May 30, 2008

This is my first blog posting ever! The assignment is to write about how I feel about the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners. I like the idea and the outline set up. It is an organized way to think about the process. I am not generally a very self confident or boastful
person, but I do have to say that I have most of these habits. I have always been a "learner" - taking classes to learn more about interests. In Judasim there is a term - Lishma - meaning learning for learning sake. I think that goes along with the whole idea of being a LLL.

I think the most difficult part for me will be practicing Habit #1 - Setting a GOAL. Most of the time my learning endeavors are the result of curiosity or interest without a clear goal in mind. The Twenty Three Things project has a built in goal AND incentives :-) So that makes it easy, but personnally setting preconcieved goals will the the most challenging part of practicing the 7 1/2 Habits for me.

No comments: